Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gardening in the Rain














After breakfast and clean up and board games and puzzles, the kids chimed in the inevitable:

"Mom, I want to go outside."
"OK, go put your shoes on."

It was chilly and gray. I wore an extra layer, and was glad I did when the rain really started falling.

"Kids, come on, it's raining. Time to go inside," I said that more to myself than to them. The boys were having so much fun, just doing what they do outside, only a bit more slowly in the rain. It didn't seem to bother them, so I ran inside to grab the camera. I took some pictures underneath my extra jacket, and then set out to enjoy the day as any other.

Of course the sun and warmth are wonderful; so too is the quiet stillness of the gray and cold of early spring. Both are immanent, and enjoyable in their own regards. I aim to appreciate life as it presents itself. I can lean into most challenges, questions or conflicts, and just be present. I can listen deeply, and be patient with myself to respond.

No comments: